Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Fencing

I am in a fencing class. It is so fun. I fought my friend about 2 times. Its basically sword fighting, but you don't do all that stuff in the movies. You want to stab your opponent as fast as possible before they stab you. They don't like stab you through your body because it a has a tip on the end of the sword and you are wearing a chest protector, 2 shirts, a helmet and a glove. And a sword to protect you of course. It is almost the funnest thing I have ever done in my life. The funnest thing I have ever done in my life is got to Epcot center in Florida with my dad. That was the best. i have a frame on my desk that I look at everyday. The picture is me and and my dad in front of Epcot. That was so fun. But in fencing there are so many moves. All pretty simple once you learn them. But I learn them pretty fast because I am a fast learner. So I fenced electric and dry. Electric is when you stab your opponent a machine senses it and a light comes up either to determine whether you got a point or you hit them away from the detector. The sword for that was heavy. Plus I was wearing a really BIG vest to detect if I git hit. That made me much of an easier target. Dry fencing is when you just stab them. It requires no electronics. Just by itself. And that is really fun.

No comments: