Saturday, May 05, 2007

Death day


Well today is death day for us. Our family. Just in case you didn't know what that is, I shall tell you. It is the day my dad's dad died. My grandfather died. I was the only one to see him out of my brothers and sisters. He was so cool. He would have loved my brother and sister as he loved my and as I loved him. I was kinda young at the time he died, so I would have thought that he was just going home or something like that. And I really remember that night right now, even though it was a VERY long time ago. What I remember was that my grandfather decided to come to our house instead of staying in the hospital. He was on a bed that some people from the hospital pushed him in the house. I kissed him on the forehead. If it was me seeing that at this age, I would be crying like crazy. And after awhile like some years I understood and cried and cried in the middle of the night as my dad passed by my room. I went to him and told what was bothering me and cried. It is just a very sad thing to happen. I actually crying right now. But today is death day. And we celebrated today with my thought of having a cake. It was my idea to have a cake. We wouldn't have if I didn't come up with it. It is a pretty good cake. And today the day my grandfather died is Cinco de Mayo. So he got to die on a holiday. Except he died at a young age. He died at the age of 55! I guess he didn't take care of himself. He had renal failure. Which means his kidneys didn't work. He didn't want to clean his blood so much. So he decided to die. But there was nothing we could do about it. I just wish he wasn't dead. He was such a nice man. But here's a picture of the cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake looks yummy! And is decorated perfectly for Death Day.
I wish he was sill here too. I miss him all the time. When I miss him, I think of the happy memories I had with him.
Here is one happy memory that I think of: just a few seconds before he died you and I were dancing in the living room. We were watching the movie Tommy Boy and laughing. When the song was over we went to his bedside where your mom was and that is when he took his last breath. It was sad but it was rewarding to be with him at that time.
You are right, he did love you and he would most definitely loved your brother, sister and Baby James.
Wish I was there to celebrate with you. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great to keep a person alive long after thier death. I think it's amazing how the Gulino family keeps big Rick alive! Great idea on the cake buddy!

UJ