Monday, February 19, 2007

Geodes







Geodes are so cool. I broke some of them the other day and some of them turned out to be really good. And some of them turned out to be very bad. Like the bad ones were really blank and the really good ones were super dooper shiny. And I like shiny. I think everybody likes shiny.And we had to break the Geodes in a sock. The sock got pretty ripped up of course so I told my dad to throw it away. Well of course he agreed with me. I think everybody knows what Geodes are. But I will explain what they are anyways. Geodes are rocks with a crystal inside. So you have to break them to see the crystal. I was really good at cracking them. You just get a sock and you get the Geodes and you get a hammer. You get a Geode and put it in the sock all the way at the bottom. Then you take the hammer and smash the Geode. Don't smash the Geode too much or you will only get the small and not so shiny pieces. So you want the Geode to break into 3 or 4 pieces and if one of the pieces doesn't look shiny then crack it in half. And I'm going to tumble my cracked Geodes in my tumbler which is a device that tumbles the rocks of course so when you take the rocks out, the rocks are very smooth, round, and shiny. I think you have to tumble the rocks for like a week though. I can't believe it would actually take a week. It seems very inconvenient. I don't know why it takes so long, accept that it just does and I have to deal with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome!! Can you take a pic of your geodes and put them on here. Are those the ones that I gave you for your birthday or christmas last year? Cracking a geode muct be like opening a present - you never know what will be inside.
M