Saturday, July 31, 2010

Programming

I took a programming class in freshman year but it was all pretty much just Javascript and HTML. I programed earlier than that though in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET from a book my dad got me. I was littler though so I don't think I understood a lot of it and probably didn't appreciate it as much and I was doing it because I made a deal with my dad and I think that it was If I finished the book, he would get me a newer better computer (the one I am using right now). I probably didn't realize how powerful it was. So since yesterday I started reading the book again and realized all the stuff I missed in the book and I am understanding it all now. Its really fun and hard to stop because once it works you feel like you have achieved something so great and you can mess around with the program and show people and they are amazed according to their emotions. I want to become a programmer as my career and that's probably what it is going to be. My dad is a programmer full time and self employed and he makes a lot of money. So I thought if I became a programmer since its just great and fun, than my dad can help me and eventually I can work for my dad. I also learned that my dad programs in VB.NET. Its a really good programming language to use, of course their are tons of programming languages out there but of all the ones that I have seen, this is my favorite, but I really haven't seen too many programs. I think the next new language I will learn is Ajax. Its a relatively new language that's combines the two languages HTML and CSS. Now I know that you probably have no idea what I am talking about but I think everything or just about everything that you see on a computer or the Internet has been programmed to make it do that specific thing it does. Say if you are on the Google homepage and you type something into the search box and click search, that search button has been programmed to look for results on the subject that you typed in so programming is behind pretty everything. If you want to look at some Programming code, just right click on the screen that you are reading this on and click the option View Page Source and all that is Programming Code. Its all very complicated and there is so much code there. I'm not advanced enough to actually understand it yet and plus there is also hidden Code to so there is more than you see which is crazy. I could most definitely go on forever but I'm not. So to wrap this up, programming is the base just about everything on the computer and without it, you wouldn't have a computer or the Internet or most valuable things at all. The programming book I have is called: Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Programming for the absolute beginner, no experience required. The picture on the front is a cubed version of Tetris. The author is Jonathan S. Harbour. If you want to read it there it is!

1 comment:

Joe Coder said...

Great blog Michael. You're on your way to becoming a world famous programmer.