Monday, January 11, 2010

Procrastination

This time, procrastination has affected me great deal. So i procrastinated my Cornell note project thing for English which was To Kill a Mockingbird. I was supposed to write a short summary of each chapter and then answer about 4-5 questions on each chapter. Well i only got to ch. 8. My friend even told me she stayed up until 2:00 doing the Cornell notes but i just thought i cud finish it. i am a rally huge procrastinator but it usually works out for me. Obviously not this time. I have actually been procrastinating another thing for English which is another even huger project called a Creative literature project. This is due Thursday. I have had these both since before Winter Break! I never even worked on it a bit during those times. The Cornell notes were due Friday but she gave us an extension for today but i started the notes yesterday. Yeah, not smart. The Creative Literature project requires 3 parts. 1. written component. You have to write i think 3 paragraphs about how your project relates to the story you chose. 2. Project component, choose a project out of about 100 choices, some are making a film, crossword puzzle, poem, song, timeline, all kinds of stuff. 3. Presentation component, if you have a film,insert disk or tape and watch, play, obviously act it out in front of the class. I chose my project today! Yeah and its due in 3 days! I picked a crossword puzzle. Ive made word searches online but never a crossword which is what I've wanted to do before an now i can do it for a project! I actually started it at 5:00 and finished it at 7:00. You had to do 20 up and 20 down which means 40 questions and Answers(Q and A)!!! It was actually fun. I haven't started the written component yet and for the presentation,all you do is make like 30 copies and give one to each person in your class and then grade them after they finish. That's a lot of grading! But OH well. SO this has definitely taught me not to procrastinate!!!.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ya that happened to me this winter break... except I didn't forget to do the work, I forgot it at my cottage so I had to do it all over again.

Tipton Family Blog said...

i think you may be in trouble!