Monday, May 31, 2010

Cajun Festival

I volunteered to work at the Cajun Festival yesterday and i handed out the program/map brochures. I thought the people were never going to stop going in and i don't think they did stop! I left at 7:00 and it ended at 8:00 and I'm pretty sure people were still coming in. It was crazy. I saw some friends come in and hung out with them after 2:30 which is when i got off work. I started at 10:00 am. I was definitely working for a very long time and i started to get bored and tired of doing it. So i was pretty relieved to get off duty. My dad worked at the beer booth too. And we both volunteered which means we didn't get paid but I'm OK with that. I ate way too many sweets there and i wish i hadn't. I don't feel very good right now. Its like a candy hang over. I didn't like the music there except for one of the places which was the rock bands, not the Cajun or country or blues music that was going on. The only problem was that the good music didn't have any shady places to sit. I knew almost everyone in each band in the good music place so that was cool. My friends band won the battle of the bands too. The festival had so many people in it and it was just so crazy how people could fit in there. It went on for the whole weekend too but i only went Sunday. Well, maybe next time my friends will be there to keep me company again.

No comments: