Saturday, June 05, 2010

For The Win

I don't remember if i blogged about this yet, but i applied to get a new book that hadn't come out yet by Cory Doctorow who wrote Little Brother which i really loved. The application that i emailed him said that i had to promise to blog about the book which i would do anyway and give him the info he needed to send the book and i was kind of worried because i never got an email back. Last week, my dad picked me up from school and he had a orange-colored package, the regular kinds, and it had bubble wrap in it as usual and i was thinking, what in the world could this be. I had been pretty sure that i wasn't getting the book by then and then i open it, and i am surprised to see that he did send me the book! For free! It hadn't even been published then or out for sale or anything! I was so happy about getting the book because i knew it was going to be good. It even said on the bottom of the front cover of the book, UNCORRECTED ADVANCE READING COPY-NOT FOR SALE. That is just awesome! I have it in paperback too which i always thought was better than hardcover because its more transportable then hardcover but hardcover lasts longer. I am expected a few mistakes in grammar or punctuation, but its the tale the book tells that matters. My dad took it and flipped through the pages and saw that the formatting of the words on the pages all together were a little crooked going down and it does that more with every page and i say AWESOME! I started reading it today and i already like it. I like how he explains the details of everything vividly. It helps to picture the story. I can't wait to finish and read the whole book and then like i promised, blog about it! Its out for sale on hardcover on amazon at this address:
Check it out!

No comments: