Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Work

My summer work that I have to do for AP History, English Honors, and Spanish 2, is working out much better than I expected. I planned out the days that I would do the work each week and stuck to it and realized I didn't exactly have to do that, as long as I did the the work planned out for each day, in a day. Also, I realized that getting ahead is great. I have been getting ahead which definitely frees up my schedule for extra time in the days and extra days to do what I want. I like finishing my Spanish and AP hist. on Mondays. The AP Hist. takes the longest and the Spanish takes up the least amount of time. English doesn't really take that long at all but I actually think the Spanish stuff is getting longer with each chapter, not that much longer, but they add a little more material to read in each page with each chapter as I have begun to see. Last Saturday, a book called "The World That Trade Created" finally came. I'm supposed to read it for History. Its super boring and the chapters are kind of long. I don't think it takes me so much time to read, but it seems like forever when I'm reading it. I also surprisingly don't feel as relieved to be done with it for the week as anything else. On my summer assignment sheet, the directions for the book says you have to consider it and then it has a list of things to consider, and I still don't know what he means, but as I read the book, I make mental notes on what might be important. I'm pretty sure we aren't going to take a test on it, but I still make notes that I might think would be on a test. Sometimes like dates and countries but all that is hard to note and remember because the book talks about so many regions and trading items and revolutions and dates all at the same time. The book is divided into chapters and in those chapters are little sections so that helps a little with reading it. Overall though, I think the summer work is going pretty well.

No comments: