Saturday, June 26, 2010

Influences

Every once and a while, my dad or mom tell me that the people I hang out with influence and/or dictate what I will do and who I am. Now as I kid, I wouldn't believe that, thinking I could just hang out with whoever I want and that maybe I can influence them. So I wanted to test that. At school, my friends were knuckle heads and I might have slightly slipped toward that, but not fully, noting my grades were all A's and B's. Mostly B's though and I am kind of disappointed in myself, but I have been hanging around a lot this summer with my friend that likes to read a lot. So I was thinking that he might influence me to read and I appeared to be right. I usually read 10 pages a day which is definitely not an acceptable amount to me, just because I am lazy, but this kid wants to read all the time usually. So we went to meet friends near our town library and they weren't there yet so since I had to return two books, I thought and he thought why don't we read until they get hear. And instead that day, I read 20-30 pages. It was great. We both had been carrying around our books. So I influenced him to read and another instance in which I might have influenced him was to workout since I do that a lot. I influenced him to work out with me in the wight room and do laps in the pool instead of just messing around in the pool. It worked more in the weight room instead though. We both did a lot of ab exercises and some biceps and we also went on the bike for a half an hour. I think he liked the bike because when we were done, he said "already?". We had already done a half an hour. So I don't know if you can see the influencing instances in action shown in the examples of this post, but I just thought that the influential effect people have on each other is pretty interesting and a pretty big deal.

No comments: