Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Reading/Books

I am reading The Outsiders and it is a really good book. I was talking to my dad about how people like to read and i said i hate reading i just like the content of the books, i realized how can that make sense. I've been trying to make it make sense. I just can't figure it out. What i was thinking though is that reading takes up time for other more fun things that i could do but when i am bored or in trouble and can't do anything except read, that is my choice and i kind of get hooked on it. Its just weird to not like to read yet love what you are reading. I think i like every book i have read. I really can't think of one that i didn't like. Usually if i don't like a book i stop reading it. I don't remember doing that with any book. I'm pretty sure that i have decided that The Giver is my favorite book. I don't really know how to explain it without explaining the book. Its just that the whole story and plot was awesome and there were so many secrets and crazy things going on. I just loved it. I don't know, maybe i do like to read. I know i like to read the best when I'm bored or have nothing to do.

1 comment:

thanh n said...

Maybe reading isn't the first thing you think of when people ask you 'what do you like to do?', but you probably like reading. But I understand what you mean when you say that you like the content of the book, but don't like reading.

Is it like, you liked hearing about it getting to know the characters and seeing the plot revealed and everything is so great, but the getting there is kind of ehh? Sometimes a book can be really slow, but it picks up later. So yea, I understand.