Monday, February 15, 2010

Xbox 360

Over the weekend, last weekend i think we all went to visit my uncle and soon-to-be aunt. We were visiting for my uncle's birthday which was on Ground Hog day. So we went there and spent the night and a whole day almost and has a PS3 and an Xbox 360. Well he used to have one but we will get to that. So the day we got there my brother remembered playing a game called full auto on the Xbox and he loved it and so he asked my uncle if he could play it. So we went upstairs to play and we pressed the power button and guess what, it had the Red Ring of Death. Its pretty much a red circle flashing around your Xbox power button. It means its broken. So he said he hasn't played it in a very long time so he gave it to us. I was SO happy because i have sort of always wanted a 360. So we took it home and i hoped that it had warranty on it still but we haven't tried taking it in to get a new one or fix it or anything like that. So i looked on YouTube to see how to fix it and this guy said you have to wrap a towel around it and leave it on for about 20 minutes to overheat it. He said in a comment on the video that he wrapped a couple more to make it extra toasty. I was very sceptical about that. Overheating it? Sounds bad doesn't it. So i tried it while my friend was over. I only wrapped one around it and left it for maybe 40-50 minutes because i was playing a game with my friend and his dad and pretty much our family. So then when we were done i went to check it. So i checked it and the red light was still flashing. So i turned it off and on and the light wasn't flashing anymore! I showed my dad and he was wide-eyed and his jaw was hanging like a surprised sort of a look. I was so happy and he told me to turn it off because we apparently weren't gonna play it then. So my friend's left and my dad and I put in Halo 3. Also let me remind you hat my uncle had the Xbox pretty much when it came out or a little bit after. So he had some really good games but he didn't have much games. The three that i was interested in: Halo 3, Grand theft auto IV(4), and full auto. So we put in in hoping it would work and it did. We just had to figure out how to play multi player so my dad found the Halo 3 book and found out and i kicked his butt in pretty much every round we played. Which was t2 or 3. He killed me in a round twice and that's probably about it because i won every round. But after we were done playing we went to put the game away and found GTA IV! He had the same look as when i fixed the Xbox. I was also very happy. So that's about it and everything works. I only played the games i was interested in though. But GTA was so very addicting. I played it almost all day yesterday.

1 comment:

Kim said...

We had to send our xbox back and they gave us a new one for free. I really like Halo 3 it's awesome. You should try Halo 2 on normal xbox.