Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Mammoth Trip - My family's side

We went to Mammoth mountain again for our snowboarding/skiing trip. Except this time we brought the whole family. Including my mom, dad, brother, sister, and myself. It was such a hassle and it was ridiculous getting packed up. The back of the truck had almost no room. We tried bringing all of our blankets and everything, it was just ridiculous. My dad had to take out pillows and blankets so we would have room for the snowboard and skis that we were going to rent at the sports chalet. I hated the board they gave me. I sucked. I'm sure the boots would have sucked and i probably wouldn't have been able to tie them up tight enough if i hadn't forgotten them at the condo. We had to rent them at the mountain lodge. We are extremists so we packed like we were staying for a week and we were only staying 3 days. First day was for getting settled and hanging out. And we got there when the mountain closed anyway. Second day was for snowboarding/skiing. My brother and i snowboarded. My dad and sister skied. My brother and sister went into the ski school and i snowboarded on my own. This time my mom bought me snowboarding pants. So i wore the spandex and the boarding pants. She also got me boarding socks so i wore those too. I wore the one pair, then spandex, then the boarding pants, then a white undershirt, then a long sleeve shirt, then my regular jacket, and then the snow Bruins jacket. It was really hot up there. My mom got my brother and sister almost full snow suits and my dad too. The family that invited us lent us a lot of snow stuff. They are so generous and great to be around. So i still went on the beginner easy runs but next time i will go on the harder ones. At about 12:30, my dad called but i was still on the run and he told us to come and eat lunch so i came and we ate and went back. We left when the mountain closed and spent the night at the condo. The next day which is today, we got up and went to The Stove which is a restaurant and i got chocolate chip pancakes which were great. Then we left and here i am.

No comments: