Monday, August 16, 2010

Hansen Dan Triathlon

We got up at 4:00 as promised and as you might have guessed, I was tired and I got that dry-eyed feeling that makes you want to blink a lot. My friend and I were asked to take pictures of his dad, well mostly just my friend, and he did and I looked for him to see if he went to the transfer area already or not and the way we could tell for the transition from the swim to the bike was if the bike was still there or not and if the bike was there between the run, that means he already took off for the run. The reason we had to check was to see if he already transitioned was if we might have missed him between the swim and bike or, because we went back to the car for the 45 minute estimation, to see if he already left then. We stayed in the car too long and missed him taking off on the bike but my friend took pictures of him coming in for the run. The distance for this Tri were a bit shorter then the Malibu Nautica's Tri. It was also Hansen Dam's first Tri which was cool. This Tri was pretty much according to my friend's dad, a training for Nautica. His training group which is the NBC Universal group was there. They have a uniform for NBC so you can pick them out of the crowd. So during his bike ride, my friend and I were listening to music in the car and apparently we left the lights on and the music kept randomly turning off so we had an idea the we drained the battery but we didn't know the lights were on and so we left the car and told his dad and apparently we had to jump start the car to go to breakfast with the NBC team. It sucked that we had to do that because it was our fault and not even our car! The breakfast was good and fun because my friend's dad's friends are very social and great to talk to! What a good day!

No comments: