Sunday, August 08, 2010

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor

It was me and my mom just spending time together while the rest of the family is at Virginia visiting other parts of the family like aunts and uncles and grandmas. So while they are having a blast, we might as well too so I bought tickets online with my moms approval and credit card of course and we could just print them out and skip all the bull crap waiting in line to get a ticket which is just the best way to do it because we saved money too. We saved like 5 or 10 dollars but that's still good. It was definitely worth it since I went on almost every ride. The line just takes forever though. I went on the tallest, scariest, and fastest ones. It was super fun. My mom is apparently afraid of heights and wouldn't come with me to the top. In the long wait, I would just eavesdrop on other peoples' conversation. I almost wanted to talk to them but then his kid just walked up and I talked to him. People were scared to go on the Venom drop so after I went on the body slide tube thing, which is on the same platform, I got to skip like half of the line and go straight up to the top and do the venom drop which was the fastest and scariest, scary because its open with little walls on the side and you can feel yourself lift up at the beginning for a split second but it feels like you are about to fall off the ride which is scary! But fast and fun. It hurt near the end though because water rushed up to your back and it hurts really bad but it is still fun. My mom told me my back was really red and I wasn't surprised. Anyway, their Churros suck, they are cold and kind of stale. It sucks but near the end of the day, we got a "supreme sundae funnel cake 'with ice cream'"! Its pretty much a funnel cake covered in powdered sugar, with a lot of sugary strawberry or chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream that cost $11! Let me write that again 11 dollars! Super expensive food there. Its just ridiculous. A snickers bar cost $4. I could get four of them outside of the park for 4 dollars! I guess that's just how they make their money. Anyway, besides all of the expensiveness, including the $15 to park, the park is really fun and a great place to hang out.

No comments: