Saturday, August 14, 2010

Smaller Triathlon

I went with my dad's friend to go learn about triathlons and distances and equipment used and it was his day of training but he could only do the swim part because we had to go down to Handson Dam to check him and his friend in because there was a smaller triathlon going on there. In the first place at Malibu beach where the Nautica triathlon was happening is where my dad's friend was training in the swim. His friends and other trainers were doing the whole routine though, the swim, bike, and run. I was watching how some transferred but it wasn't a super real feeling because they went back to their cars and talked and undressed slowly but I want to see the triathlon up close and actually pay attention. So the reason we went to Handson Dam was to set up my dad's friend and his friend for the triathlon there tomorrow. I am going with them to that and we have to get up at 5:00am! So that stinks but its what would really happen. I just wish I could do sort of a mock-triathlon without having to sign in and everything and just do it but I have to rent a wetsuit to swim in the ocean in the real thing and I have to get used to it and be able to take it off and on quickly and be able to make the transition in a good time. Well, I better be off, I have to get up super duper early!

No comments: